Looking for that "little something" to give your kids' teachers, your neighbors and your hair stylist? Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread fits the bill, plus it tastes like a million bucks without breaking the bank.
Makes: 2 loaves
Cooking Time: 50 min
What You'll Need:
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
• 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (4- x 8-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric mixer, beat in shortening until well combined. Beat in eggs , cranberry juice, and chocolate syrup until thoroughly combined. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean .
4. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan, then cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
Change It Up
• Wanna bake these in mini loaf pans? Go ahead. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly, based on your pan size. For gift-giving, wrap a whole loaf or mini loaves in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bread/Chocolate-Chip-Cranberry-Bread#Iy0Fqgx3H2fHogFc.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.