Chocolate Almond Bark is a classic sweet snack that is so simple to make. Make a pan of almond bark, break it up, wrap it in colorful plastic wrap and tie it with ribbon for a great anytime gift.
Makes: 1 pound
Chilling Time: 1 hr
Cooking Time: 2 min
What You'll Need:
• 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Tip)
• 1/3 cup (2 ounces) white baking chips
What To Do:
1. In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips with shortening on high power 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in almonds.
2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Pour in mixture.
3. Place white baking chips in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic storage bag and microwave on high power about 45 seconds, or until chips are melted. Knead chips until smooth. Snip a tiny bit off a corner of the bag and drizzle white chocolate over milk chocolate in pan. Using a knife, swirl white chocolate through milk chocolate.
4. Chill about 1 hour, or until set. Remove foil, gently place almond bark on a cutting board, and cut into pieces with a knife.
• To toast the almonds, place them on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or just until golden. Watch them carefully to avoid burning.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.