The cherry and citrus-flavored glaze that coats our Cherry-Citrus Glazed Ham makes for a company-fancy meal that they’ll go hog-wild over! And the tasty leftovers will extend the enjoyment!
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
• 1 (5- to 6-pound) fully cooked semi-boneless cured ham
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 (12-ounce) can cola
• 3/4 cup cherry preserves
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, score top of ham in a crisscross pattern. Place ham in a large roasting pan and sprinkle with allspice. Pour cola into pan and bake uncovered for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until cherry preserves are melted.
3. Remove ham from oven and brush top and sides with glaze. Return ham to oven and cook an additional 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of ham registers 140 degrees F; brushing with glaze every 15 minutes. Remove ham from oven and let rest 15 to 30 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.