Drink in the compliments when you use buttermilk, yes, buttermilk to make a homemade Buttermilk Coleslaw that'll rival any deli-style version from the market. Try it and become a believer!
• 2 (10-ounce) packages finely shredded cabbage
• 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup buttermilk
• 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1. Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together sugar and remaining 7 ingredients until blended; toss with vegetables. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
• This makes a big batch of coleslaw, and leftovers will keep a couple of days in the fridge. If you don't' need such a large amount, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.