Earn your own berry-licious blue ribbon when you bake up our tapioca Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie. Tapioca pearls are the secret ingredient that make this one an easy-as-pie winning dessert.
Baking Time: 50 min
• 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
• 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
• 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, tapioca, 3/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix well and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into crust. Unroll remaining pie crust and place on top of mixture; seal, and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust, brush with egg, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
3. Place a pan under pie so it won’t drip in the oven. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is golden.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pie/Blue-Ribbon-Blueberry-Pie#FUhKek0U2dXKZmw0.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.