Want to feel like you’re dining in a French bistro...right in your own kitchen? Well you can when you make our delicious homemade Bistro Chicken Salad. With a hint of tarragon, this one is a stand-out!
Cooking Time: 15 min
• 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 scallion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon sugar
1. In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth, water and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
3. Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
• A fancy way to serve this is to place a scoop of chicken salad on a romaine lettuce leaf and surround it with slices of fresh melon.
• Chicken Salad is a great way to make tasty use of leftover cooked chicken. Another Test Kitchen favorite is Fruity Chicken Salad, but there are lots of other easy and delicious chicken salad recipes here on mrfood.com, so check them out!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Bistro-Chicken-Salad-443#G8x4JhLxpRpkTYGe.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.