There'll be lots of screaming for this scrumptious homemade frozen novelty! With a fresh-as-a-berry-patch strawberry garnish, our Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream Squares are simply irresistible.
Chilling Time: 6 hr
• 2 cups finely crushed butter crackers (See Note)
• 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
• 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling
• 2 cups milk
• 1 1/2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened
• 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 20 strawberries for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumbs into bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; refrigerate until ready to fill.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together pudding and milk until slightly thickened. Stir in ice cream until well mixed. Evenly spoon into crust. Spread whipped topping evenly over ice cream; cover.
3. Freeze 6 hours or overnight. Cut into squares, top each with a strawberry, and serve immediately.
Our Test Kitchen tried these with both Ritz and Sunshine crackers. Both worked fine.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.