Pancake mix isn’t just for breakfast, and beer isn’t just for drinking. Proof of that is with our mouthwatering pub-style recipe for Beer Battered Fish Fry. You’ll lure everyone to the table with this catch!
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 3/4 cup beer
• 1 egg
• Peanut oil for frying
• 2 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, beer, and egg; mix well.
2. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
3. Dip fish pieces into batter, coating completely, then fry in oil 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until coating is golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
You can substitute club soda for the beer, if you prefer. If batter begins to thicken, just add a bit more liquid.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.