No one will believe you made our easy Banana Bungalow cake yourself! This eye-catcher looks as good as it tastes! Boasting a delicious combo of chocolate, bananas and whipped topping, this one is pure fun to make and eat!
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to the package directions
• 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
• 3 large bananas, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with flour.
2. Pour prepared cake batter into pan and bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. Allow to cool then invert onto a large platter. Trim 1/8 inch off edges all around cake then cut crosswise into 3 equal sections, each measuring 5 inches x 10 inches, and leave in place.
4. Reserve 1 cup whipped topping for frosting. Spread some remaining whipped topping over middle section of cake, completely covering it. Lay 2 bananas parallel to each other over whipped topping. Spoon more whipped topping over bananas then place third banana on top. Cover with remaining whipped topping.
5. Gently bring up 2 side pieces of cake from outer edges to form bungalow roof. Frost cake with reserved whipped topping then grate cake trimmings over whipped topping to garnish.
6. Refrigerate at least 1 hour then slice and serve.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.