Our over-stuffed veggie Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish. Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls for a stuffing that teams with any main dish.
Cooking Time: 25 min
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned (see Options)
• 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
3. Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and carefully remove foil; return dish to oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
• For variety, change up the peppers! Try stuffing your favorite Cubanelle or Serrano peppers and savor the tasty difference!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Baked-Stuffed-Peppers#ZjUdssRv1VzFOY5u.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.