Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort! Imagine taking this one warm out of your oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream! Talk about an autumn treat!
Cooking Time: 50 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
• 1 egg
• 2 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, and egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into prepared cake pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm, or allow to cool, and cover until ready to serve.
• We like to serve this warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream and some additional pecans sprinkled over the top.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Apple-Coffee-Cake-From-Mr-Food#1xVe8zhtwGqaJGtR.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.