Take your taste buds on a trip down on the bayou with this Louisiana classic Po’ Boy sandwich that starts with succulent U.S. farm-raised catfish and ends with lots of raves.
- 4 U.S. Farm-raised Catfish fillets (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup spicy mustard
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup bread ’n’ butter pickle slices
- Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle catfish evenly on both sides with onion powder, salt, and ground red pepper.
- Cook fish on grill pan over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily, turning occasionally.
- Toast rolls then spread both cut sides of each roll evenly with mayonnaise and mustard. Place lettuce, tomatoes, fish, and pickles on each roll, distributing evenly. Place tops of rolls on sandwiches, and serve.
If you like this, you'll also like Grilled Catfish.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.