Everyone loves ice cream in summer but, no matter what time of year you make this luscious ice cream novelty cake we call Brownie Bowl Sundae, your gang is sure to squeal with delight!
- 1 (21-1/2-ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped
creamOR frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; pour batter into coated baking
dishand bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Under-bake brownies slightly for a chewier consistency.) Allow to cool.
- Line a 2-1/2-quart round freezer-safe bowl with plastic wrap. Place about 2/3 of the cooled brownies into the bowl in big chunks; press brownies together, molding them to the bowl, up to about 1 inch from top of bowl.
- Spoon ice cream into bowl and press firmly over brownie crust, completely covering it. Place remaining brownies over top and press firmly into ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Invert frozen sundae onto a serving platter. Remove bowl and plastic wrap then frost with whipped cream. Return sundae to freezer for 1 hour, or until whipped cream has frozen. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and serve immediately.
For more summer favorites, visit easyhomemeals.com.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.