Mr. Food shows everyone how to make a backyard burger worthy of the Hamburger Capital of the World: Akron, Ohio. This recipe for juicy onion chili burgers will set your taste buds and your buns afire!
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (from a 2.4-ounce) box) dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium
bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 equal amounts and make 8 patties.
- Grill patties 8 to 12 minutes, or until desired doneness, flipping them halfway through grilling.
If you want to plan ahead, you can mix up this full recipe, make half of the patties for tonight's dinner, and freeze the rest of the patties (uncooked) for no longer than 30 days (to keep their full flavor). Just thaw them overnight in the fridge and cook them according to the directions above.
If you wanna be the burger champ at your house, you've gotta check out our Burger Cooking Tips!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.