Get ready to salute the flag with this patriotic berry and pastry dessert that will not only serve as a red, white and blue centerpiece, but will also win you rave reviews with every bite.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut out 8 large and 8 small stars from 1 pastry sheet (number will vary depending on size of your star shape). Place on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place each large puff pastry star on a dessert plate, and top each equally with whipped topping. Sprinkle each with strawberry slices and blueberries, and top each with a small puff pastry star. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
If you like this recipe, you'll also like this easy Flag Cake!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.