Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese puts a trendy seafood spin on our recipe for homestyle macaroni and cheese. When your gang tastes this variation, studded with shrimp, macaroni and cheese will never be the same at your house.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium-size shrimp, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
Find more easy shrimp recipes here!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.