2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bag or 3 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the confectioners' sugar, and butter. Mix with a fork or your hands until mixture starts to hold together.
- Press into the bottom of a 15" x 10" x 1" jelly roll pan. Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine the eggs, granulated sugar, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup flour; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Fold in the chopped cranberries. Spread mixture over the hot crust, and bake for 32 to 35 minutes, or until the top is light golden.
- Remove from the oven; let cool then cut into bars.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.