Our recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding comes direct from celebrity chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Donatella Arpaia. This easy yet elegant bread pudding is packed with the savory flavor of pumpkin.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 pound French or Italian bread, sliced thick and torn into large chunks
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread and whipped cream; whisk until smooth. Add bread and stir until all chunks are evenly moistened. Cover and let soak 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spoon bread mixture into baking dish and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until set. Let cool slightly, spoon into serving dishes, top with whipped cream, and serve.
You can also bake this recipe in individual ramekins. Just place them on a baking sheet and reduce baking time to 40 to 45 minutes.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.