This classic Key Lime Pie recipe comes direct from the revered Joe’s Stone Crab restaurant, a landmark in Miami’s South Beach section. Luscious and creamy Key Lime pie is always a tart yet sweet dessert that satisfies everyone’s taste buds.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup key lime juice (see Note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar; mix well then press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate to form a crust; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat egg yolks and lime zest for 5 minutes, until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in lime juice just until combined. Pour filling into pie crust and bake 10 minutes, or until firm in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
• If you can’t find fresh Key limes or Key lime juice, it’s okay to substitute regular limes, even though it won’t be exactly the same.
• This is best served very cold, so we recommend placing it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
• Just before serving, top pie with whipped cream or whipped topping and garnish with lime slices, if you’d like.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.