Our easy Split Pea Soup pressure cooker recipe makes lightning quick work of the tastes of a long-cooked thick and hearty split pea soup. To enjoy every last drop, team it with our homemade Parsley Garlic Rolls.
- 1 (16-ounce) package split peas
- 1 pound boneless
porkshoulder, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a 6-quart pressure cooker; mix well. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water. When pressure is completely reduced, remove lid and bay leaf; stir and serve immediately.
If using an electric pressure cooker, set timer to 10 minutes on soup setting or refer to owner's manual for specific instructions.
A great go-along for this Lightning Quick Split Pea Soup is our Parsley Garlic Rolls.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.