This is one of our all-time most-requested recipes for brisket of beef, so that's why we say that this hearty pot roast is The Best Brisket Ever, and we're sure you'll agree.
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 envelope (from a 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place brisket in roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over brisket, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake about 3 hours, or until meat is fork-tender. Slice brisket across the grain and serve with pan drippings.
If you want to make this in advance, just put the sliced brisket back into the pan of drippings, cover, and keep refrigerated. Reheat it in the oven before serving.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.