Our over-stuffed Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish. Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls that team with any go-along.
- 2 medium-sized red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned (see Options)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and
Parmesancheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 15 minutes. Remove dish from oven and carefully remove foil; return dish to oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.