This easy recipe for melty
Cooking Time: 4 min
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Equally divide the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
We suggest slicing these on the diagonal and topping with whole-berry
Makes 8 sandwiches
Grilled Cheese Italian-Style is another grilled sandwich you're gonna love!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.