Date(s) & Time(s)::
August 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Location: Parkview YMCA, 10001 Dawson's Creek Blvd (off Dupont Rd.
Phone: 260 969-0079
Join us for the 5th Annual Pufferbelly 5K Family Run/Walk and 1 Mile Kids' Fun Run. A portion of our race will be run on the Salomon Farm Trail and the newly constructed section of the Pufferbelly Trail from the Parkview YMCA to Wallen Road.
The proceeds from this event will be used to further our work in converting the former New York Railroad into a paved recreational path that, when completed, will link downtown Fort Wayne to Pokagon State Park in Angola.
The 1 Mile Kids' Fun Run starts at 8 AM, and the 5k Run and Walk starts at 8:30 AM.
The race will start and finish at the Parkview Family YMCA located on the south side of Dupont Road between Coldwater Road and Lima Road. Follow the signs for directions on where to park.
• Race day registration begins August 9, 2014 from 7am to 8am.
• All pre-registered participants must check-in at the registration table at the Parkview YMCA to pick-up their packet on Friday, August 8th from 5 to 7 PM or on race day from 7 to 8 AM.
• T-shirts will be given to all 5K participants who pre-register by July 18, 2014. Limited quantities will be available to all others on the day of the event. Performance shirts
are available (in lieu of t-shirt) for an additional $10.00.
• Timing chips will be used to ensure accurate times for all runners.
• Awards will be given out at the completion of the 5K Run/Walk.
• All pre-registered participants in the Kids' Fun Run will receive a participation award. Limited quantities will be available to all others on the day of the event.
• All participants will be given free access to the Parkview YMCA (including the pool and splash pad) all day on race day.
• Live music, refreshments, kids games and Sweetcakes the Clown
Dogs, in-line skates, skateboards, and electronic devices are not allowed on the running course. Strollers are allowed for the 5k participants.
• Participants in the 5K will be eligible for door prizes.
This year, we've added the opportunity for companies, charities, and groups of friends to register as a team! Teams will get a few added perks:
• The team with the highest number of participants will receive a plaque
• A VIP line at packet pickup will be dedicated to teams, speeding up the packet pickup process
• Team members will receive an extra goodie (minimum of 5 team members in order to receive the extra goodie)
• Group photo opportunity (hi-res photo will be emailed to the team's participants)
To register a team:
• Decide on your group name. For example, you could put XYZ Corp or Smith Family
• Register your teammates through online registration or paper forms. Under "Team Challenge", put your team name.
• If some or all of your teammates have already registered, contact email@example.com with the names of the registered runners and the team name to have them reassigned to your group.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You may register online at GetMeRegistered.com. Alternatively, you may also print and send a paper registration brochure.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.