Date(s) & Time(s)::
October 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Location: Citilink Offices, 801 Leesburg Road
The Allen County Solid Waste Management District (ACSWMD) will hold its annual Tire Amnesty Day on Saturday, October 6 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Citilink Offices, 801 Leesburg Road in Fort Wayne. Residents are encouraged to download the registration form at www.acwastewatcher.org prior to the event.
Why is there a need? It is important for scrap tires to be managed properly to avoid the risk of fire and to prevent the tires from becoming breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Last year, nearly 12,000 tires were recycled by Allen County residents.
Tires collected from Tire Amnesty Day will be recycled into usable products such as garden hoses, rubberized asphalt and playground cover.
• Car, truck and bike tires will be accepted.
• Tractor tires and off road vehicle tires will NOT be accepted.
• Water and rims must be removed from tires prior to the event.
• Limit 20 tires per household.
• This event is open to Allen County residents ONLY.
• Tires from businesses will NOT be accepted.
Tires 1-4: $1.00
Tires 5-12: $1.00 each
Tires 13-20: $7.00 each
Neighborhood Associations must pre-register with the District by calling 449.7878.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.