Contacting Your Representative

By Scott Sarvay

Contacting Your Representative

June 18, 2010 Updated Jan 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Contacting your state representatives and senators can be a challenge but there are three easy ways of contacting them.

  • Call toll free at 1-800-382-9841. If you phone the statehouse, ask to speak to the representative’s legislative assistant.
  • Write them at the Statehouse, 200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
  • Send them an e-mail. Members of the House have e-mail addresses based on their House district numbers. For example, I serve District 85, so my e-mail address is h85@in.gov.

  • These are the state representatives for Northeast Indiana:

  • Speaker of the House B. Patrick Bauer, District 6 (D-South Bend).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h6.

  • Rep. Matt Bell, District 83 (R-Avilla).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h83.

  • Rep. Randy Borror, District 84 (R-Fort Wayne).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h84.

  • Rep. Bill Davis, District 33 (R-Portland).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h33.

  • Rep. Dick Dodge, District 51 (R-Pleasant Lake).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h51.

  • Rep. Jeff Espich, District 82 (R-Uniondale).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h82.

  • Rep. Phil GiaQuinta, District 80 (D-Fort Wayne).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h80.

  • Rep. Matthew Lehman, District 79 (R-Berne).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h79.

  • Rep. Dan Leonard, District 50 (R-Huntington).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h50.

  • Rep. Winfield Moses, District 81 (D-Fort Wayne).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h81.

  • Rep. Phyllis Pond, District 85 (R-New Haven).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h85.

  • Rep. Bill Ruppel, District 22 (North Manchester).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h22.

  • Rep. David Wolkins, District 18 (R-Winona Lake).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h18.

  • Rep. David Yarde, District 52 (R-Garrett).
    E-mail Web site: http://www.in.gov/h52.

  • There are 21 committees on which these representatives serve. Many representatives are members of more than one. Committees are important because before a bill can be amended by the House and or Senate, it first must be approved by the appropriate committee.

    The 21 committees are Agriculture and Rural Development; Commerce, Energy and Technology Utilities; Education; Elections and Apportionment; Environmental Affairs; Family, Children and Human Affairs; Financial Institutions; Government and Regulatory Reform; Insurance; Judiciary; Labor and Employment; Local Government; Natural Resources; Public Health; Public Policy; Roads and Transportation; Rules and Legislative Procedures; Small Business and Economic Development; Veterans Affairs and Public Safety; and Ways and Means.

    If you want to learn more about Indiana’s 116th General Assembly, go online to http://www.in.gov/legislative, where you can find the legislative calendar, information about bills and resolutions and information about how to stay in touch with your elected official.

    What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

    © Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.